Powerful Potting Mix
Texas Pure Powerful Potting Mix is a complete, balanced growing medium requiring no additional nitrogen application at planting. An excellent mix for pots, direct-ground soil amendment, median planting or raised bed gardens. This product is a blend of OMRI Listed Compost Ultra, earthworm castings and expanded shale. The recipe may be amended to meet spec requirements.
Texas Pure Products Powerful Potting Mix is comprised of three elements which may be amended to meet specific requirements:
- Compost - Organic and OMRI Listed: Comprised entirely of herbaceous materials, containing no manures. Feedstock includes whole-tree grind (leaves, bark, branches, cambium layer); and yard trimmings include shrubs, palm fronds, leaves and grass. Ground feedstock is combined with organics (fruit, vegetables and breads) from groceries and markets. Windrow management finishes compost to meet the United States Composting Council STA testing requirements (weed and pathogen free), rich in organic matter and nutrients required by all plants for successful growth. Monthly sprout test ensures the compost is mature and capable of sustaining vigorous life.
- Earthworm Castings – An organic source of nitrogen, slow release and natural.
- Expanded Shale – High-fired, kiln-produced shale provides aeration and drainage. Non-reactive, pH neutral.
Weight: Approximately 45 pounds per cubic foot
Application and Installation
- Direct fill pots or containers, set plantings water and mulch.
- Use in any situation where a complete, balanced planting medium is needed.
- Use in any application where soil fertility is poor and requires aeration.
- Apply 10-12 inches to amend directly into soil.
- This mix has high performance with proper plant care.
Contact us at 972-769-4150. Visit the soil test results page.