Texas Pure Planting Mix is a ready-to-use raised bed soil mix, requiring no additional blending. It is an excellent growing medium combined with proper plant care. This product also works well as a leveling agent, filling in hollows while creating a more aesthetically-pleasing appearance and providing nutritious amendment for lawn areas. The Planting Mix contains 50% compost, 25% sand and 25% top soil/loam and may be adjusted as needed.
Texas Pure Planting Mix is comprised of three elements described which may be adjusted to meet specific requirements:
- Compost - Organic and OMRI Listed: Comprised entirely of herbaceous materials, containing no manures. Feedstock includes whole-tree grind (leaves, bark, branches, cambium layer); and yard trimmings include shrubs, palm fronds, leaves and grass. Ground feedstock is combined with organics (fruit, vegetables and breads) from groceries and markets. Windrow management finishes compost to meet the United States Composting Council STA testing requirements (weed and pathogen free), rich in organic matter and nutrients required by all plants for successful growth. Monthly sprout test ensures the compost is mature and capable of sustaining vigorous life.
- Sand: Washed river sand screened to ¼-inch fine provides drainage and stability for the mix.
- Top Soil/Loam: Screened to ½-inch fine contains clay, silt and sand.
Weight: 50 pounds per cubic foot (damp)
Application and Installation
- Fill empty planter or median areas with mix to a depth of 10-12 inches if used solely.
- Top existing amended soil planting beds with enough mix to raise to desired grade to invigorate existing soil.
- Spread 2-4-inch layer on top of bare soil, mixing together and sodding directly into the nutrient rich base for best grass root development.
Contact us at 972-769-4150. Visit the soil test results page.